Seven key input prices rose in March on a monthly basis:
1. Crude petroleum prices expanded 40.7 percent from February 2016, but are down 26 percent from March 2015.
2. Unprocessed energy material prices were up 6.1 percent on a monthly basis, but fell 24.1 percent on a year ago basis.
3. Prices for steel mill products increased 0.4 percent on a monthly basis, but are down 15.8 percent on a yearly basis.
4. Nonferrous wire and cable prices expanded 2.2 percent on a monthly basis, but fell 5.9 percent on a yearly basis.
5. Iron and steel prices rose 1.6 percent month-over-month, but have declined 14.7 percent year-over-year.
6. Softwood lumber prices were up 2.8 percent for the month, but have fallen 1.6 percent from the same time last year.
7. Concrete product prices edged up 0.8 percent month-over-month and are up 3 percent year-over-year.
Four key input prices declined on a monthly basis:
1. Prices for prepared asphalt, tar, roofing and siding products fell by 1.1 percent from February 2016 and are down 1.3 percent from March 2015.
2. Natural gas prices were down 22.2 percent for the month and are down 40.2 percent from the same period one year ago.
3. Fabricated structural metal prices products declined 0.1 percent month-over-month and are down 2.4 percent year-over-year.
4. Prices for plumbing fixtures and fittings fell 0.3 percent for the month but are up 0.1 percent from the same time last year.
Trenton H. Cotney
Florida Bar Certified Construction Lawyer
Trent Cotney, P.A.
407 N. Howard Avenue
Tampa, FL 33606